Friday, November 30, 2012

reconnecting with my first love

Last fall, my co-worker, Jean, invited me to play in an all-day soccer tournament the Sunday before Thanksgiving in Charlottesville. I was timid to get back out on the field, as the last time I had been running around on a full field it resulted in debilitating back pain. After weeks of telling me to "just come play," I finally agreed. I had a BLAST. I played outside mid and just ran and ran and ran. I scored goals, assisted goals by crossing the ball, won tackles and overall reconnected with my love for soccer.

I couldn't stay away, I joined the team for a full spring season playing on Sunday afternoons, and again this fall. I used to think I liked playing positions on the outside (either defense or midfield), so I could always turn with my back to the sideline and see the whole field. Now, I've moved to play center mid, which I LOVE. At center mid I get to be apart of EVERY play! It's a lot of running, but I train during the week to be ready for it.

I wrote a blog post for the Sweet Briar Athletics blog site about our fall tournament the weekend before Thanksgiving.... check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment