Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas decorations

As we get ready to head out to see family tomorrow, I thought it'd be nice to put up pictures of our Christmas decorations. We didn't do a big tree... although I look forward to being mesmerized by my grandparents trees in Alabama. One of my grandparents does an angel tree with white lights and ALL angel ornaments (except for a few with pictures of grandchildren, but they don't distract from the angels). My other grandparents have a tree with ornaments that remind me of things that represent my family... Auburn, music, trains, baby pictures, ornaments from travels, etc. Both trees are the focal point of the living rooms during Christmas, even after the presents are opened.

The other reason I love Christmas decorations is because it's a traditions to drive around the old Decatur streets and neighborhoods to spot the houses that participate in the decorating contests. It's a competition. And we all know I love competition. They have awards for lighting, traditional, winter wonderland, and other categories. As you drive around, there are signs out front for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and honorable mention winners.

These houses are decked out.... wreaths in every window, weighed down with pineapples, oranges, red and green apples, bows, lights, and ornaments. There is garland, everywhere. There is always a giant nutcracker, that stands in a front doorway. There are lots of reindeer, sleighs and Santas. One wreath features a pair of ice skates. There is a Charlie Brown Christmas house. I guess I'm giving too much away.... I will definitely be posting a week's worth of pictures this year for all to see!  It.  is.  the.  best.

Enough about the AWESOME decorations I'll see in Alabama... here are some pics of my apartment decorations....
Reindeer sitting in my kitchen window

A "mantel" with stockings... hanging above the couch.

The teapot I got for my birthday and some winter salt & pepper shakers.

And the star topper
A mini tree with Chicago Bears ornaments. 






There are also white lights outside, wrapped around the stairs leading up to the porch, however it's hard to take good pictures of lighting.


The holiday season is a special time of year when we all get to spend time with family and friends and celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus! MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

No comments:

Post a Comment