Monday, November 12, 2012

fall trips

This fall we've had a few days here and there for trips. I was able to cheer on the Hokies at a horrible game at UNC with my best friend, Heather, and her new hubs, DJ! Heather is in graduate school at Campbell University, located south of Raleigh/Durham, NC. DJ rides on ambulances to save lives every day. On game day we met up with one Heather's classmates for a morning tailgate, went to the game, sweated it out, hung out in Chapel Hill and picked up Chinese food.

VT @ UNC football game

The rest of the weekend included events such as, trying to paint Puck's nails (which he nor DJ approved of), shopping at the outlets, eating baked brie (my fav), drinking muscadine wine (also my fav) and catching up with my bestest friend!

Pucky, who doesn't like his nails painted.
The very next weekend, I convinced Heather (and Puck) to come visit me in VA by enticing her with the VA Garlic & Wine festival. Ryan, Heather and I drove up the road about 15 minutes to Rebec Winery to fight the crowds! There were SO many people there, I didn't realize most of our time would be spent waiting in line for tastings. Nevertheless, the waiting was worth it. We found lots of wine we liked (of course), and sampled food, cheese and garlic items that were delicious.




No comments:

Post a Comment