Friday, January 4, 2013

the new year is about to get going

I have several things that are about to amp up.

Since being home from Alabama, I have been doing a lot of relaxing. Wrigley and I have worked out everyday, which is awesome. I have been running, biking around campus, lifting and spinning. For Wrigley, she has been chasing me on my bike, up and down Faculty Row, at least a few times everyday. We've watched several movies. I highly recommend The Words, it was a thinker with multiple stories to follow and figure out. It's currently in redbox! On another note, the whole apartment is clean. Plus, Ryan rearranged the living room... just to put it back the way it was with only two chairs switched. Overall success relaxing to get ready for the weeks and months to come.

Coming up in the next few weeks for me (aka my To Do list):
-Cover lots of swim practices! (The team is back doing 2-3 practices a day before they go to Florida for their training trip)
-Prepare to teach my class starting Jan. 23 (powerpoints, assignments, tests/quizzes, rubrics)
-Prep all spring sports (tennis, lacrosse, softball) paperwork to start Jan. 23
-Visit Heather
-Go with Amy to NC to see her dress!
-Order bridesmaid dress for June 8
-Make a dentist appointment (booo the dentist)
-Post some pictures from Christmas, especially making divinity

For New Year's Eve, Ryan and I stayed in this year. I made a dip that I've always loved to have a parties, but never made myself. It's NOT good for you AT ALL. Nevertheless, it is delicious and New Year's Eve was the perfect time to make it. (Sorry no pics...)

Spicy Sausage Dip:
Ingredient:
1 (16 oz.) package of spicy/hot sausage (found in the grocery store near the bacon)
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
Ritz crackers or chips or Fritos for serving

Brown crumbled sausage in a skillet. Reduce heat, add tomatoes and cream cheese. Continue to cook and stir until ingredients are well blended. Serve warm. Easy.

Improvements:
1. Have more people here to help me eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment