Thursday, February 21, 2013

second best quesadilla he's ever had

I don't know what #1 is.... but this is the second best quesadilla Ryan's ever had. I loved it too!!

Ingredients for GREEK QUESADILLAS:

flour tortillas
fresh spinach, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 red peppers, roasted and chopped
black olives
feta cheese
mozzarella cheese
parmesan cheese
oregano


Butter 1 tortilla, place in sauce pan, buttered side down. Load with thin layer of mozzarella cheese, spinach, black olives, roasted red peppers, feta, onions (not too much), and sprinkle oregano and parmesan cheese. (Ryan doesn't like feta, so I wanted the flavor without the texture. By only putting a little feta and adding parmesean there was more cheese flavors without him even realizing there was feta! Success!) Top with a good layer mozzarella cheese. Melty mozzarella is necessary to hold the quesadilla together. Finish with a buttered tortilla on top. Turn on medium heat. Flip over when cheese is melted on the bottom layer and getting soft near the top tortilla. It's done with you lift up one tortilla and the bottom lifts up too (hince the good layer of melty cheese).


Instructions to successfully roasting red peppers. It worked again, and I'm glad I documented my success the first time because I couldn't remember how I did it!

Improvements for next time:
1. This also worked with one tortilla, layer ingredients on half, fold over. I think I was able to put more topping on because it was easier to flip in the pan.
2. Don't drop the feta cheese ALL over the stove, counter, floor, kitchen rug.


No comments:

Post a Comment