Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 16: Cruisin'

Size: 4-5 inches, 3-5 oz. An avacado. That seems HUGE to me.

Momma Bod: Nothing drastically new. Early on I noticed a soreness in my abdomen, which started low and toward the midline of my torso. The last several weeks, the soreness began to widened and moved up towards the base of my rib cage. It's not painful, just a localized sore area when I lay on my back or sneeze. My body is definitely preparing for my uterus to continue to grow and my belly to strrreeeeetcchhhh.


Mood:  I actually don't think about being pregnant that much right now. This is due to several factors... I have been feeling better and eating normal, I have been busy at work cramming my brain full of new information and computer programs, and I haven't been to the doctor for a follow-up in a while.

I have had a few moments of feeling "more emotional." This could be entirely because I am adjusting to so many changes. Or some new levels of hormones. Maybe some of both.

Maternity Fashion: Scrubs for work. All day, everyday. I dress up for church on Sundays, but have grown out of the bust area in so many of my dressy outfit choices. I am keeping an eye out for longer, stretchy fabric dresses to wear that will fit now and when my belly really starts growing.

Movement:
 Still waiting to feel a little flutter!

Gender/Names: I am 95% convinced that this babe is a boy. We have so many nieces in our family that I'm just sure we will be contributing to the underrepresented gender. {I know this is technically not how the probability of gender selection works.}

When we talk about potential names, the most Ryan can get out of me is a "maybe," I haven't said, "Oh I like that," for any possibilities. I keep us focused on only considering boys' names for now. We have time to keep discussing... maybe finding out the gender will help...? {Hopefully we won't be at the hospital with our babe in arms and a blank birth certificate}.

Daddyo: I am so blessed to be married to Ryan. I had a hard week {my episode of "more emotional"}, and he knew just how to encourage me and comfort me. He has come up with his current "Top Boys Names" list.... and I said maybe to two of them.

Encouragement for me this week:
Isaiah 35:4-7 "Say to those who have an anxious heart, 'Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.' Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert; the burning sand shall become pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water; in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down, the grass shall become reeds and rushes."

We read this verse at church this week, from Isaiah, and it reminds me of the God's big picture and God's plan that we cannot even fathom. Although in this world it is a challenge, my priority is to be trusting and seeking Him in ALL I do. His plan is far greater than anything I could every understand or write myself. The end goal is to stay in Him, without fear, every day, until he comes again and takes me home.

Keeping my eye on the prize.

We ended with the hymn, "Christ the solid Rock I stand," which goes like this.... "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."


No comments:

Post a Comment